This image is from the trailer for "Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again" distributed by Universal Pictures.

The writers of The Michigan Daily do it all. On top of being college students with total grade loads, they roll up their sleeves to swallow media and write. For the amusement of our loyal readership — and to celebrate a vacation i editor has deemed Musical March — The Michigan Daily has revitalized and revamped "Broiled, Buzzed, Bored." For the sake of journalism, three or more writers cede their health and 3+ hours of their life to sentry a TV show or filmwhile either high ("baked"),drunk ("buzzed") or sober ("bored"). This article was lightly edited to maintain the authenticity of the piece.

Broiled 1

  • Yassification of Leonard Cohen
  • Bored 1 is very skeptical of this being a improve movie than Mamma Mia Originale.
  • Nosotros are all gonna have so much fun the Boreds are incorrect.
  • Meryl Streep died. We are in the bad identify.
  • Lily James killing it every bit Donna Sheridan.
  • Buzzed 1 is singing along and I am shy and don't want to say I barely know ABBA.
  • I want a flash mob at kickoff similar we bike abroad equally a class, piss off the professors.
  • Fjallraven only faux, faux, Chicitita
  • Mom dies a year ago. Sky is a bitch
  • Lamp.
  • Just 2 women fighting over a guy. Permit's Mamma this Mia.
  • Young Harry is such a not-entity like he doesn't fifty-fifty deserve to exist played by someone in fleabag
  • I know they endeavor to get his hair like that face it doesn't piece of work with information technology he'south got a really big for him.
  • She's Oxford educated.
  • We love a Waterloo here. Giving u.s. Wes Anderson vibes.
  • Pierce Brosnan is but the weight that carries this film down into the deep dark depths of hell.
  • Why'd it Have to be Me truly a fable.
  • He'south only Alexio. Not rich. Take a chance on me.
  • I feel a storm is coming. With my Spanish telepathy.
  • Lily James the Conquerer of the ages
  • Tim irons Jeremy irons son.
  • This man is going all out. It's commendable
  • Two paths in the route a wintertime diverges — me failing to quote Robert Frost
  • Baked ii denoting what is there's specifically with books.
  • It'southward like Emily Blunt's face but minimized.
  • Colin Firth suddenly remembers he's in this movie and blows a MASSIVE deal? But like why he was in Japan.
  • Stubby Stellan SkarsgĂ„rd did too.
  • Baked 2 is trying to give people a TBH?
  • Biceps don't fit in the costumes.
  • Buzzed 1 is trying to trip the light fantastic along to Mamma Mia and isn't doing a bad job.
  • That was queerbaiting. Lily James kissing a girl
  • "I've called the whole of this Greek town by my singing in English." Yes very nice.
  • A conspiracy to exploit the sexuality of men. And agreed.
  • High kick choreography is adjacent level.
  • But like someone should actually talk about how trip the light fantastic toe just sometimes mean "how can nosotros accept them safely and boringly interact with the set up in some stupid way.
  • Do oysters always pearl?
  • This is like meta overfishing commentary and Greek exonomics and why.
  • Why does Amanda Seyfried not have friends?
  • The colour palette of this island is simply teal and information technology's really bothersome.
  • Mom and girl pregnant at the same time merely in past and future cause theme's.
  • THAT NOISE
  • *knock knock* information technology's Cher. With guns.
  • Spectators are singing Benny'south Dispatch from In the Heights.
  • Cher kinda looks younger than Amanda Seyfried.
  • Baked 2 is crying for some reason that I cannot fathom.
  • THE FERNANDO TWIST then Cher sings. Information technology'south brilliant it's ballsy. It's unforgettable.
  • The gayness in this house equally anybody sings Fernando word for fuckin word.
  • Look at how goddamn close the fireworks are to the human people who would be burned.
  • Buzzed i just spoiled the Meryl Streep moment and they feel bad.
  • Baked two is actually crying because "the song is most mothers and daughters" when information technology's clearly nearly Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried.
  • RITa Wilson and TOM HANKS PRODUCED THIS. Super Trooper.

Baked 2

  • She's giving Lena Dunham
  • Suitcase is too small!
  • FUCK Heaven.
  • Exist still my beating *omg!!!!*
  • He has skinny, skinny little legs!
  • I hoped to be loved like this one day.
  • I beloved you with all my heartness.
  • Going to accept my Donna era this summer. Gear up to open my heart to honey.
  • What would yous do for the person you love?
  • The great poet Rainer Maria Rilke envisioned dear as "two solitudes bordering, protecting and greeting each other." Maybe, in Donna'south earth, honey exists in groups of 4. Baked ane is going to pee. Which man would you pick? I love Harry.
  • Retrieve to pick yourself kickoff, though. Always.
  • Every day your heart wakes up for y'all, and as it does you hear its steady whisper confronting your ribs, thump, thump, thump. I'grand here, my heart is beating and that's all there is to information technology.
  • Sometimes I tin't believe the immensity of violence on our planet. In this pic, Female parent Nature is the perpetrator. I pray to god those horses, those wild animals, and all of those people are okay.
  • Animals, by Frank O'Hara:
  • Take you forgotten what we were similar so
  • When we were however first charge per unit
  • And the day came fatty with an apple in its mouth
  • It'due south no apply worrying about Fourth dimension
  • But we did have a few tricks up our sleeves
  • And turned some sharp corners
  • The whole pasture looked like our meal.
  • We didn't demand speedometers
  • We could manage cocktails out of ice and water
  • I wouldn't desire to be faster
  • Or greener than now if you were with me O you
  • Were the best of all my days
  • I think information technology'south time we finally enter reality and have that information technology is incommunicable to be known past someone else.
  • Baked i undermined me and illegitimized my emotional truth. Twitter, do your matter.
  • I cannot wait to be a mother.
  • "I don't want to sing about dearest if I'k not feeling it." I desire honesty in a higher place all else. I'll be proud of whatever life of mine that was lived honestly.
  • "I dearest him more than whatsoever argument." Interesting, the ways nosotros air current ourselves around others, and do whatever we can to suit once we're planted.
  • Oh, Colin. How I long to be your Lizzie. How I long to exist loved by you.
  • Buzzed ane would have been a not bad Bojack Horseman voice histrion
  • Insert link to Frank O'Hara reading "Having a Coke With Yous" here
  • Information technology feels similar I'thou in a mumblecore film right now. Something like Funny, Ha Ha. I'yard so immature and there are so many things I desire to say, then many things I want to give.
  • Did Baked 1 only reveal that they're a furry?!
  • We alive to preserve the memories of the people we dearest. I can't think of a better reason to live.
  • Word of the Italian word for farewell. "Ciao." Note to self: watch Cinema Paradiso again presently.
  • The embodiment of camp.

Baked three

i hate that they killed meryl streep. who tf says AU GUST like that. young meryl is so self centered thinking anybody wants to hear it. i detest that they gave the friends the same hair cut. Human being wants woman to give upwardly career and family ties. Human told rosie shes wise similar a flamingo but ik for a fact flamingoes are stupid at the zoo they have their eggs and replace them with fakes then they dont sit on their own eggs and they dont even notice. baguette sword fight THINK OF THE CRUMBS. tokenizing disavled ppl to bear witness ur inclusive is and then fucke dup. Pierce Prosnan looks much older thwn i thought he would. They flashback to immature Donna meeting each of the men anf they each instantly want jer to sleep with him anf we know she ultimately does because its a flashback only imagine how much powerful it would exist to jave a woman say no to sex rather than sending the bulletin she always will give in so if she says no yous just have to keep tryong. this is a picture about grief????? i was not prepared. i thought the bargain was "hey were mentioning this so you know why meryl isnt featured in the movie" actually feeling that i want a tattoo rn. when volition the world progress past tje trope of "the side graphic symbol friend who eats a lot" i hate when they pretend tjat perfectly attractive characters arent hot. "we do more than and more work for less and less pay" so true bestie. no plot simply what can u look. felt like i was being slapped in th face by cameo subsequently cameo but i didnt bask it. i hate birth scenes on tv and then much. didnt give me the skilful feeling u get watcjing a musical until the very end but better tardily than never

Buzzed one

  • I am trying to work the TV. Thank you Bored 1 for figuring it out for me. It's loading now — Not buffering. Lily James ("The Pursuit of Happiness" which didn't do that well I don't recollect) is so hot I'm so excited. Weeeee!! Amanda (idk what she was in recently)  also hot!!! Yayyyy!!! I know it makes sense but why did they kill Meryl!!! I beloved Lily'southward pilus. So did they organize a wink mob for the opening vocal??? No mode did this entire graduating class agree to this. My bicycle has a woven basket similar Lily'south and my mom wants it. But it's mine!!!!!!!
  • There's no way her suitcase just happens to open and spill out like that. I encounter correct through it.
  • I don't call up Sky is hot he is the weak link in that location's no way Amanda is so upset about him????  (Side note: how did Amanda become enough money to redo the hotel? Wasn't her mother singing about being broke in the first picture?) Why am I not more fun drunk why am I being critical about this. Volition I EVER Savour LIFE!
  • Okay when Heaven and Amanda are singing virtually being sad in that location are very memorable transitions that move from NY and Greece. Just the one that keeps me up at night is when they are back to dorsum on a wall, only then the camera pans out, and Amanda is in an enclosed room. HOW was that filmed?? How
  • Flamingos are stupid???
  • Immature harry is really clingy and his clothes are too small. He is the worst if the three. If a mediocre homo embarrassed me like this in a eating house full of French people I would combust on the spot.
  • The security guy who stamps their something to get on the ferry is a main character. The gunkhole trip the light fantastic scene is the superlative of this moving picture (not including Cher). Alexio is some other main character.
  • Y'all know how some people are physic? I wish I was. Or at least had premonitions about the weather like Fernando (or Amanda in "Mean Girls"! What range she has).
  • Horsie
  • The director knew what they were doing with this "Andante" scene………………ahwiejsjjskwdjjekwhsjwnsnd
  • I too would change all my life plans to stay in Greece with Lily James.
  • I wish there was an orangish subcontract (orchard?) in Ann Arbor!!! Imagine picking oranges. orangish skirt!!!! Yayyyy Sam leaves now!!! She deserved better anyway #YoungBillSuperiority
  • This is a skirt pic!!! I similar skirts
  • This ice is land crunchy. I spilled #embarrasing!!
  • Swimming in Jean shorts?? Why
  • These subtitles use two apostrophes instead of one. Angry
  • Colin Firth
  • Where did my thoughts go??? I am excited to practise Wordle tomorrow morn
  • We are all the dancing queens of our lives
  • I am sick of my bangs
  • I heard bored #i giggle. Justice
  • Seeing Cher live in concert was the highlight of my life
  • How many times am I blinking
  • Cher had so many costume changes at her concert. I think about that whenever I climb a staircase and am out of breath
  • Oh Amanda

Buzzed 2

  • Buzzed i made anybody enchiladas like the saint they are
  • Bored 1 is not willing to requite this movie a fair shake. She'll alter her heed
  • Baked two is trying to stop me from singing. To MAMMA FUCKING MIA. Not happening
  • LILY JAMESSSSSS
  • queerbaiting in when i kissed the teacher simply can forgive. this vocal is then proficient
  • honey that amanda seyfried toned downward the vibrato for this pic
  • "be nonetheless, my beating vagina" is possibly the best line ever written for the screen
  • mr sir. from fleabag
  • "he makes me sad" – spectator 1, while pierce brosnan is singing
  • i have a dream best song ever written peradventure???
  • in that location is a contend about the beloved interests going on. young bill is CLEARLY the best one
  • i have written far less than anybody and it's bc i'thou merely then captivated by this film
  • RIPPPPP DONNAAAAAA
  • the others are quoting poets rn. idk any poems off the height of my head except gabbie hanna poems
  • choreo goes so much harder in this film than the last men
  • christine baranski.
  • this is the most incredible cablevision knit sweater i've ever heard. chris evans in knives out WHO
  • true eskimo bros hug
  • EVERYBODY Close UP ITS CHER
  • FERNANDO LETS RUCKING GOOOOOO FUCK YES
  • this is such a good fucking pic idk what anyone else writing here says. literally one of the nearly incredible pieces of movie theatre i've e'er seen.

Bored 1

  • Many people already know about my general dislike for the original "Mamma Mia" moving-picture show, although dislike is not the correct word, it's more like full general disappointment considering I really struggle to listen to a bunch of A-listing actors ruin ABBA songs that I concur near and dear to my heart. (Except for Amanda Seyfried. Keep doing your thing, Amanda.)
  • And so anyway I'1000 going into this with low expectations.
  • People are insisting that this movie is the better Mamma Mia and I'm skeptical about all of it.
  • Buzzed ane says that if I don't have fun they're going to spring off a roof. It'due south a little extreme.
  • The acapella "Thank You For the Music" is as well much already.
  • WHY ARE THEY PRETENDING MERYL STREEP IS Dead
  • Bored 2 and I are on the same wavelength I call back.
  • I'yard going to be honest I sincerely don't remember Donna would be an academically successful pupil.
  • I'k so uncomfortable
  • Buzzed two is right, not the queer baiting in "When I Kissed the Instructor"
  • One of my biggest problems with the first Mamma Mia picture was that the songs felt super unnatural in context so far this motion-picture show is worse.
  • Baked ane is right, at to the lowest degree this one is actually filmed similar a movie.
  • Why is "Chiquitita" the musical motif to correspond the Dynamos' friendship that's so embarrassing
  • I do honey "Ane of Us" though, simply it'due south upsetting that we have to lose hot Heaven to do it…also the staging is far too literal
  • (Is it mean of me to say that they look one-time)
  • I'm already striking the point where I retrieve I'd rather just mind to ABBA than watch this movie
  • I love Christine Baranski simply I cannot forgive "Exist notwithstanding my beating vagina"
  • Lily James'southward accent is a fiddling…hm
  • Why does young Harry'south leather jacket expect similar it'due south 3 sizes too small…did they run out of their costume budget ownership boots and making 70s get-get outfits
  • They're ruining "Waterloo"
  • Baked i is cancelled
  • There should be a trigger warning before the pic: "Content alert: Pierce Brosnan singing"
  • Young Bill's pants are too brusk and I'thou now convinced of a conspiracy past the costume designer to give Harry, Bill, and Sam clothes that don't fit them.
  • "I fear a storm is coming" I mean come up on
  • Lily James is a practiced singer I'll give her that even if her accent is ROUGH at times
  • This storm is simply upsetting, why are they doing this
  • Consensus: Immature Sam looks like a combination of Taylor Lautner in New Moon + Tom Brady but like he'southward trying to exist a cowboy
  • Baked ii is quoting verse in their segment and it'south…wow
  • The lens flares here are a option
  • Donna would dance in an orangish grove with a bright orange brim
  • The transitions into the songs are atrocious
  • Young Sam's wearing apparel fit him only he has too many buttons open so my costume designer conspiracy stands
  • Why does Young Rosie's shirt wait similar the new Strokes anthology cover
  • Ah yes the slow acapella intro to this motion picture'southward rendition of Mamma Mia
  • I appreciate the use of "Angeleyes" though
  • The choreography is a bit much but them pausing betwixt "ah-ha-ha"due south to remind Sophie that men suck was frankly worse
  • I concur with Buzzed ane that the ferry ticket homo is sneakily the best character, I would love a film that focused solely on him
  • I as well wonder if my truthful soulmate is carbs
  • With respect what the hell is Amanda Seyfried wearing
  • God this is cheesy…and very dumb…and very irrelevant…I'g all for "Dancing Queen" simply this is too much
  • What happened to Sophie's friends from the offset movie…similar her only friends are her mom's friends and her three maybe-dads
  • The tiresome-mo and the lens flare while she kisses Heaven is too much…likewise Sophie please take off your poncho
  • "Your ears are cloth" — the landlady person has had the best lines in the movie
  • Broiled 1 thinks that the character they're most similar is the horse, I take no comments that's kind of wholesome
  • Non the helicopter
  • Not Sophie calling specific attending to the sound
  • Not the unmarried silvery open up-toed heel stepping out of the helicopter
  • Because it's time for Cher
  • She's wearing a blonde wig and white power suit and speaking French
  • Even the style she does air quotes is pretty cool
  • Wondering if this island has a law stating that all pants must exist flared
  • I didn't want "Fernando" to happen like this, THIS WAS THE THING THAT HAPPENED AS PART OF THE THROWAWAY MENTION OF HER GRANDMA'S Heart GETTING BROKEN IN CENTRAL AMERICA??
  • This scene is also victim of awkward staging (Bored two is UPSET) only Cher is indeed pretty fabled
  • These fireworks are CONCERNING
  • HOW did Fernando end up in Greece?
  • Buzzed ane just spoiled everything
  • Confused nigh *REDACTED*'south appearance hither only the song was nice I guess
  • Buzzed 2 says this is the best scene (Cher singing "Super Trooper"!) and frankly I'thou inclined to agree
  • Final thoughts: It was a mediocre but fun plenty movie…but to be honest I think I'd rather just heed to all of ABBA'due south discography again

Bored 2

  • Most of my feel with the MMCU (Mamma Mia Cinematic Universe) was captured via osmosis from my sister and my mother. However, instead of sharing their wicked glee at the absurdity of it, I felt a large pessimism at the vapid song-and-dance of it all. So many prominent actors cashing in on a story that was somehow too ridiculous to be a simple romcom. And so they decided to make a sequel. Well, hither information technology goes I guess.
  • Ten years later, we start out with Amanda Seyfried a capella. Treating Meryl Streep as if she has died is a skillful touch. The choreography for an impromptu sing-forth at a graduation ceremony is unreasonable in melody. "The law of geometry" might be the worst lyric I've heard in a musical. They decide to all pack one suitcase together and I'g bothered. I encounter a problem in the future arising where they keep to portray the ABBA lyrics in a literal sense.
  • The male person analogue doesn't know how to wait adept while singing. Who knew that Greece could await so skilful when it'due south not either burning or cached in debt? Not a single character in this movie would brand sense in a leather jacket, young Harry least of all. I'g trying to figure out who's Napoleon and who's Cromwell in this relationship.
  • The cinematographer clearly loves Wes Anderson.
  • Pierce Brosnan is about to sing, quaking in my boots.
  • Boat guy arrives and he is very Scandinavian.
  • Adrien Brody showed upwardly in a tiny dinghy and I'm not certain if part of me thinks that most coastal Mediterranean people look like Adrien Brody.
  • It's physically impossible that Donna didn't get an insane corporeality of splinters in her thighs sliding downward that staircase. John Carter is the tertiary love involvement.
  • Since everyone wants to quote poesy I'll add my own.
  • Lines on the Antiquity of Microbes (Fleas)
  • Adam
  • Had'em
  • Strickland Gillilan
  • I'm getting caught in the savage cycle of getting bored and wishing for a song to come up and then immediately regretting that wish in one case the songs come around.
  • I just realized these 3 men basically but own a time share on Donna's daughter.
  • I had to inform Buzzed two that Bill Nye played Upton Sinclair in Mank.
  • "Information technology's called karma and it'south pronounced 'ha!'" Is the all-time line so far and it'southward made by a character that shows up once.
  • "Dancing Queen" boat scene is the most unnecessary thing e'er.
  • HELICOPTER CHER SCENE
  • Fernando is making Cher walk towards him and I don't appreciate it.
  • The excessive amount of fireworks certainly started the Greece fires.
  • This movie would take been less ridiculous if they but said that Cher was actually her grandmother.
  • In conclusion, the flick is stupid simply I did express joy at how stupid information technology was.